Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, September 17, 2012

I turned 21 & I'm making healthy choices!

Yay! These past two weeks have been insane, as anyone who follows my blog can tell. But I will hopefully be focusing more on "me time" in the upcoming weeks, which will include blogging!

I turned 21 on September 12th and that was fun! Except I went to the liquor store and they didn't card me!!! Unlike all the other times when I went in trembling with a fake ID. I was angry. But then I got carded later when my friends from the ballroom dance team took me out for wings and beer. Not the healthiest of things, I know.

I've been doing the "Insanity" workout, which is a lot of fun. Some of my apartmentmates are doing it with me, which I love. They are great with supporting healthy habits. The only problem with "Insanity" is that it makes me HUNGRY. But, if I'm not fit by the end of this semester, there will be issues. Here's why:

Healthy Decisions I am Making This Semester
1. Taking a "Healthy Weight, Healthy You" class on campus (for a grade--so I'll have to stick to it). The class is run by this great and very encouraging instructor. We do workouts and talk about nutrition. It's a weight management class so there is good reason to believe that it will help me with my weight.
2. Doing "Insanity" with my apartmentmates. The workout is crazy and I am ALWAYS sore. But I absolutely love it.
3. Taking a jazz dance class (also for a grade)! So far, we have been doing nothing but the warmup, which is basically stretching, ab work and a bit of cardio. So that's been good. We're doing combinations starting Wednesday, so it'll get even more active.
4. Continuing to do ballroom dance. It's a great workout for the mind, body, and soul. Honestly. I love it.
5. I bought a gym membership. It hasn't been of great use yet, but I am determined to go tomorrow.
6. Swimming class--I am possibly taking a swimming class every Saturday, because I'm not a very good swimmer and I would like to be. And pool exercise is great.
7. Eating more in my apartment and less in dining halls or restaurants. I'm really trying hard to keep healthy foods and snacks in the apartment, especially with my appetite as of the moment I started doing Insanity.

So, if I don't feel great at the end of this semester, I am going to say there is something wrong with the picture.

I'm currently studying for my LSAT's and trying to keep up with work, so I'll have to go for now. But I will catch up with all the blogs I follow tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment