Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, August 10, 2012

The Search for the Perfect Leather Jacket

Well, now that I am FINALLY done with my summer classes, maybe I can actually get some blogging in. I've been incredibly stressed out this week, but it ain't over yet. I still have three-four events to plan for next week. But, when it's all over, it's going to be such a relief. Especially after creative director hell week. I'll have 2 weeks to do whatever it is my heart desires, with the exception of a few hours a day that will be devoted to LSAT work in a nice library or coffee shop.

We are planning an Alice in Wonderland themed gala for the summer camp. I seriously cannot wait. I will be putting up a million pictures. In case you are reading this (and I know someone out there must be), I am the creative director for a summer day camp in Brooklyn. It's my fifth summer at this job and my seventh summer at a camp so, to be perfectly honest, I'm over it. I love kids and I love camp, but I think it's time for this to be over. I've been a counselor, a creative director, a program director, a division leader and now a revamped creative director. I'm going to make this last week my best, since it might be my last summer camp week ever--kind of a sad thought, huh..

Now, onto important fashion things. I am on the search for the perfect leather jacket! I will most likely be purchasing this jacket towards the end of September or October. I won't be at my goal weight yet, but I think it'll be a nice reward for a job well done thus far.

I went on my first window shopping trip. I have never gone to a store looking for a certain item, but I did that in 5 stores. My first stop that day was Aeropostale, but that was to spend a coupon for $20 jeans. Not only did I get $50 jeans for less than half the price (in a size 7/8, which is a bit small on me still), but I also got a free bag with my purchase! It's a beach bag type thing, but it's super comfy. Anyway, after that, the search was on.

I went to: H&M, Forever 21, American Eagle and The Gap to look for leather jackets.

The only thing I found out American Eagle was a jean jacket (I did NOT know those were back in, but I'm kind of psyched about it), which I did not buy, since I was on a specific mission..but I have a feeling it'll happen. Forever 21 was entirely fruitless as they had no jackets at all. H&M and The Gap were more fruitful.

So, what does my perfect leather jacket entail?
1) I don't want it to be short. I liked the H&M jackets, but they all came up above my belly button. I like a tight fit as much as any other girl, but when something has a tight fit and ends above my belly button, it just makes my stomach and hips look larger than usual..which is no good.
2) I want it to be form-fitting. In the past, I've had saggy leather jackets--I don't think there's much of a point to that anymore and I think a form-fitting leather jacket would be badass.
3) I would prefer a belt type thing at the bottom. No great reason for that one. I just want to be able to tighten and un-tighten, if necessary.
4) I would like to have something in my wallet after I make my purchase. I found a really decent-looking leather jacket at The Gap, which is usually really well-priced. Well..that leather jacket cost $290.00. It was sad because it was good material, stopped right at the line of my hip bones and had a cool collar type thing. But it is what it is! I will find one.

If you're reading this...What is your favorite fall jacket like?

0 comments:

Post a Comment