Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Shopping, Highway Rolling & Alligator Bites

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a shopper. I love to shop, but I don't have a full-time job so I don't often have the money to do it and I hate making my mom spend the money. But today was something altogether different. I bought so many things.

Places I shopped: Forever 21, The Gap Outlet, Aerosoles Outlet, Converse Outlet, Burlington Coat Factory

Favorite Items
Burgundy corduroy skirt (The Gap)- I've never bough anything corduroy. And it's a size 8, which makes me super thrilled!
White denim jacket (The Gap)- Good denim jackets are hard to come by. This one was $40 and is super cute I also think it was the last one in the store.
Skinny jeans (The Gap)- They are very similar to every other pair of skinny jeans I own. But they are a size 6. And they button :)
Cute little sneakers with no name (Forever 21)- I bought them for $6.50. Yes, you are reading correctly. Shoes for $6.50. 
Winter coat (Burlington Coat Factory)- It's burgundy and it's awesome and I love it. I used to have to work incredibly hard to find a winter coat for myself that was even slightly fashionable because of the size I would need it in. This jacket is a size medium and it's adorable and looks great on me. And it's not black or grey, so that's a plus!
Fall coat (Burlington)- I have to make fun of myself for using that term. It reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gspaoaecNAg&feature=relmfu But it's a really cute bright red peacoat and I'm excited about it!
Ginger-colored Knit Sweater (Forever 21)- I have been trying to find a picture of this thing online, but I can't seem to find one so I'll have to take one myself eventually. It's not just a sweater--it has these open things at the shoulders. Anyway. That's still not making any sense. I'll post up a picture.


The exciting thing about getting to the Jersey Gardens mall is that I got to drive there! As a Brooklynite, I have never needed to drive on the highway. Since I'm driving up to school in less than a week, I figured it was time to start. I drove all the way to Jersey and back and I was fine!

Later, I drove my family to Bayou, a restaurant in Staten Island, for my brother's birthday. The cuisine was "New Orleans"! It was un-surprisingly yummy! We all shared a bunch of appetizers. I had some salad, a bit of nachos, some hummus, some delicious baked bread AND--wait for it--ALLIGATOR! I can't believe I actually tried it. It was surprisingly delicious--and now I can say I've eaten alligator.

For my entree, I had chicken jambalaya (called "Jammin' Jambalaya" in case anyone goes there). It was chicken, rice, Andouille sausage and veggies tossed in some sort of red sauce. It was a little spicy, but really great. Then, we finished off with fried ice cream. I have to say--the Japanese do it way better. I hung out with my brother, made some old jokes (he's 11 years older than me so I like to poke fun), hugged the heck out of my nephew and then we drove home.

Now I'm sitting around, reading blogs and watching Mean Girls/The Time Traveler's Wife. Rachel McAdams is popular on tv today--The Notebook was on earlier. Tomorrow, I'm going to start packing to go to school, go to Bikram yoga and I'm planning on going to see Premium Rush. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment