Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Brazilian Keratin Treatment & Dos Caminos

This morning, I woke up bright and early at 10am (haha?) and ran off to a hair appointment. I know--two in one week: I am a lucky gal! This appointment was to do a Brazilian Keratin treatment! For those of you that don't know what that is, I'm going to explain it in the shortest way possible: it makes your poofy hair straight for a few months and then makes it easier to deal with for the rest of the year until you become a poofball and go back to the salon. At least that's the way it works for me. So, now I cannot perspire too much, wash my hair or put it up in a ponytail for the next 48 hours--but the more the better.
Here is what I wore:
 Shirt: Nine West, Black, Crocheted Back
Jacket: White Denim, The Gap
Jeans: American Eagle, Skinny, Size 8
Boots: NO clue. Found them in my mom's closet one day. They're super old but I love them.

The salon I went to is called "Serenity Salon" and it's on 458 W Broadway in Manhattan. It's an adorable place and clearly for the very chic and--I'll just say it--rich! Which is why I can only afford to go once a year. The reason I go to this specific salon is because Logan works there and Logan is actually incredible. I once got a Brazilian Keratin treatment and felt like I paid $150 to get my hair relaxed for a few weeks. When I went to him, I paid twice as much. But damn, did it work. I'm hoping today's process will be the same effect.

Here's Serenity Salon:
Isn't it chic?

AND a great magazine selection!

After I was done there, I walked to Union Square, past NYU and its welcome week. 3 different welcome week people thought I was a freshman and tried to point me in the right direction or get me to sign up for something. I'm a bit flattered that they think I'm 18 years old--chopping 3 years right off me--but come on, people. When I got to Union Square, about a 1/2 mile walk, I sat down in Whole Foods and did some LSAT work. I had a delicious and healthy salad. Mostly greens and other veggies, but there was also an egg, about 1/4 of a roasted potato and some couscous and pasta in there.

My Salad:
Delicious but expensive. Damn it, Whole Foods.

I then went to meet my friend Liz at Baruch College. It's so weird that all my home friends are back in school and I'm still cruising! Liz is a new friend that I made this summer. We had always been acquaintances from work, but really bonded this year and I'm glad--she's an amazing friend. We decided to go to Dos Caminos in the Meatpacking District, where we would meet Alla (who has been my best friend since the 7th grade). Danny was supposed to come too, but he had kind of a busy day so I think he was too pooped to travel all the way there. For us, it was about a mile's walk. On the way there, we passed this AMAZING block in Greenwich where we made a pact that we would live one day. 2 Perry Street is the townhouse where we would love to live and would also be the name of my sitcom (which all my friends have decided I should have).

Liz, in front of 2 Perry Street, where we will someday live when we find rich husbands!

Alla was late, so Liz and I walked around The High Line, which is an incredibly gorgeous place in New York City. We walked around a bit and then just sat and enjoyed the view.

Here's a picture of the view from The High Line
I <3 Instagram

Liz and me, lounging around!

Dos Caminos was really delicious, but not helpful to my diet. I controlled myself and didn't ruin much, but I could've done better. We all shared guacamole and nachos and I tried to have as little as possible of the nachos. Then, I had vegetable quesadillas with a tiny side salad. I skipped dessert and grabbed a coffee with skim milk and Splenda when we were walking to the train station to curb the sugar cravings.
Here's my food:
Sooooooo good. I gave always a piece of my quesadilla and most of the dressing.

Overall, great day--tomorrow should be busy! Almost time to go back to school.

0 comments:

Post a Comment