Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, August 24, 2012

About Me!

I had some pretty awesome days this week, hence the lack of blog. Let's start with Saturday. I chaperoned a teen trip to Dorney Park and got to go there for free. Dorney Park is basically a cheap-ish version of Six Flags with smaller roller coasters and a homier feel. Sunday, I went to work and then had lunch with a friend. Monday and Tuesday were pretty basic. Wednesday, I went to Six Flags and had an AMAZING time going on a million different roller coasters and screaming my head off.
This is Kingda Ka: 
It's the tallest roller coaster in the world and one of two strata roller coasters in the world. A strata roller coaster has a height or drop that is 400 feet or more and completes a full circuit. The other strata is located in Cedar Point and is called Top Thrill Dragster. I've ridden front row on both. I guess you could say I'm a bit of a thrill seeker. I'd like to go sky diving eventually, but I think that's an adventure to be saved for next summer, as this one is coming to a close.

Yesterday, I went into the city to meet up with one of my best friends. We recently went through a lot in terms of our friendship and in terms of a lot of personal things that don't need to be disclosed on a public blog because they're not all mine to share--but, after spending an entire day with him, I'm happy to say our friendship is really better than it's ever been before. We also spent a bit of time with our two other friends, one of whom graduated last year and who I think I'll really miss. I also went to my last LSAT class. I'm seriously considering taking this test in October and not applying to law school until next year. I think the break will do me some serious good.

I don't know what's in store for today. I know I want to go to Bikram yoga, since I have that unlimited pass. I think I also want to develop a diet plan for myself for the next 2 weeks, since I'm getting this treatment done on my hair which will prevent me from exercising (because of the sweat) for at least 72 hours, which, for me, is a lot. That, combined with move-in day and first week insanity, calls for a more structured plan than the one I have now. Other than that, the day is open!

But for now, here's a fun survey!

LAYER ONE: On the Outside--

Full Name: Rachel
Birthday: September 12th
School: About to be a senior in college

Major: PPL- Philosophy, Politics and Law & English- Rhetoric
Current Location: New York City!
Eye Color: Hazel
Hair Color: Dark brown with a slight tint of red.
Righty or Lefty: Righty!
Zodiac Sign: Virgo

LAYER TWO: On the Inside

Your Heritage: Erm, Russian/Jewish/Azerbaijani/Latvian/Lithuanian/??
Your Fears: I'm still a little freaked out by pigeons. But, other than that, I've kind of kicked the word "fear" out of my life.
Weakness: Boys. I know it sounds cliche, but it's a serious problem. They make me do crazy things.
Goal(s): Hit 140 lbs., get into a good law school, be a kick-ass lawyer, have a family.

LAYER THREE: Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow--

Your thoughts first waking up:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YEnyT34Pw  (0:25)
Your bedtime: When the internet no longer looks fun.
Your most missed memory: I don't have missed memories, really. It's a bit rough to explain, but I miss the way I felt at certain points. Recently, though, I've really missed being a kid and thinking that my parents knew everything; it was an easier time.

LAYER FOUR: You’re picking--

Pepsi or Coke: Diet Coke, all the way!
McDonald's or Burger King: Neither!
Single or Group dates: A little bit o fboth.
Lipton Tea or Nestea: Nestea.
Chocolate or Vanilla:Chocolate. Omnomnomnom.
Cappuccino or Coffee: Coffee.

LAYER FIVE: Do You--

Do Drugs: Nope.
Think you've been in love: No.
Want to get married: One day, yeah.
Believe in yourself: Definitely.

LAYER SIX: In the Past Month--

Drank alcohol: Yes
Gone to the mall: Yup.
Eaten Sushi: Yes.
Gone skating: No--don't know how!
Colored your hair: Yes
Done something exciting: Yes

LAYER SEVEN: Have You Ever?--

Changed who you were to fit in: Sure. Were there other activities in high school?
Hid something from someone: Yup.


LAYER EIGHT: Getting Old--
Age you're hoping to get married: 24-26? Seems like an okay age. Maybe a bit older. Really whenever I'm ready.
Age you're hoping to have children: 27-29
Want to travel to: Everywhere, everywhere, everywhere. South Africa, everywhere in Europe that I haven't been yet, India, New Zealand, Australia, all over the US, South America. I just want to see everything.

LAYER NINE: Perfect Mate--
Best Eye Color: Blue, but I don't really care.
Best Hair Color: Black hair, blue eyes is a perfect combo. But again...I really don't care. Blonde hair, brown hair and brown eyes is all good too. These aren't the things I think of when I think "perfect mate"
Short or Long Hair: Medium-length!

LAYER TEN: What were you doing--

5 MINUTES AGO: Reading blogs
1 HOUR AGO: Eating breakfast
1 DAY AGO: Getting my nails done
1 YEAR AGO: I'm not really sure. I was probably getting ready to go back to school.

LAYER ELEVEN: Finish the Sentence--

I Love: a good time.
I Feel: restless.
I Hate: ignorance.
I Hide: how I REALLY feel. I do a lot of talking and pretending I'm saying how I feel, but my inner feelings cut way deeper than what I'll ever say.
I Miss: ballroom dancing.
I Need: to get the heck out of the house!








0 comments:

Post a Comment